Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket parts

Oliver182 ยท 2016-10-20 22:25

Looking for a chain guard for a Deere 755c series 2. Called Deere and a little over 6000 for the outer and inner guards and hardware for both sides. Seems way to high to me. Anyone have another outlet for these? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-10-20 23:36

    Used to be places around that built them, good fab shop should be able to do it for less than half if you have anything left to measure up.

  2. #2Wytruckwrench2016-10-21 00:21

    I build a few of those a year. I don't charge enough, if they get that much.

  3. #3Dickjr.2016-10-21 00:34

    Is it necessary that you have them? Are you in a lot of rock? Seems like they can cause problems getting small rocks in or binding with thick mud.

  4. #4Oliver1822016-10-21 22:39

    I work in a lot of uneven terrain and I thought it would help keep the rail on th bottom rollers. The old cat 7E I have if you turn in the wrong hole or ditch it wants to kick the rail part ways off the bottom rollers. Maybe that won't be the case with this deere755c

  5. #5Dickjr.2016-10-22 14:39

    I'm no expert , but seems like I've been told that the only value they add are to protect from rocks and other debris getting in the track system. If you have proper tension I don't think the rails should ride out or off. My 943 only has the guards front and back. There are some fellas on here that are u/c experts. Maybe they will chime in.