Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A Truck a dozer and a crane

Martin! ยท 2008-09-15 06:04

Got these yesterday in Sydney,The Link Belt is 25 this month.

Replies17
  1. #1Martin!2008-09-15 06:06

    Got em out of sequence

  2. #2Martin!2008-09-15 06:09

    I is certainly the best of everything when they do these lifts.Big trucks big dozers and big cranes.These lifts happen a few times a year.The last was a D10 with a big 450 tonne Grove lifting ,dig them out soon.

  3. #3surfer-joe2008-09-15 10:47

    I'm somewhat surprised that the lift used chains. Other than in factories here in the states, chains for lifting are mostly outlawed. However, the hole looks deep enough to bury a Komatsu in, what did it do wrong?

  4. #4MKTEF2008-09-15 15:51

    To bee hounest, i would have spread the chains more on the tractor. U got be real certain on the CG plasement on that tractor to have them that close.. U don't need to much out of balance before it turns around. Chains is real nice, we got a huge amount of them in our lifting kits. Grade 100 of course.... Needs to be resertified each year of course, but that goes for all lifting equipment.

  5. #595zIV2008-09-15 19:20

    Joe, I would like you to provide some data for that statement please. I'm all over the country and I look and watch just about everything I go by and chains are still used all over. Why would chains be outlawed for lifting? They might not be quite as popular as they where a few years ago in some industries but I don't see a significant change. Last time I checked as long as they are certified and tagged you can use whatever it is to make a pick. The only thing about chains as opposed to cable or nylon slings is that 3 and 4 way chains are rated the same, where a cable or nylon the two have a different rating.

  6. #6hoeman6002008-09-15 20:54

    i worked for keiwt last winter and they have a NO CHAIN rule unless its for a lowbed .... :ban

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2008-09-15 20:56

    OK, I understand the dozer in the hole, but what is the excavator doing on that perch? I can't see it can reach anything but the crane, and thats the one thing it should not have anything to do with. Nice pics of some uncommon sights. Thanks for sharing

  8. #8joedirt2008-09-15 21:02

    Great pics Martin. That sure beats the heck out of breaking down your 9 axle to unload the tractor. Boy it didn't look like a whole lot of room down there to work that machine. What are they planning on doing with it??:beatsme

  9. #995zIV2008-09-15 21:51

    That's just a company rule, I don't doubt that there are those types of things out there to each his own, but he makes it sound like it's a crime to use them outside of a plant. Personally, if it where my choice for ease of use I'd go Nylon, Chain, cable.

  10. #1095zIV2008-09-15 21:54

    It might just be that they are done with the dozer and it's just as easy to pick it and load it directly on transportation and get it out of there as it is to set it on the ground then load it.

  11. #11Martin!2008-09-16 00:56

    It is a long reach excavator.iIt telesopes out to the bottom of the hole and has a clamshell bucket on it.Grabs a load of dirt retracts the boom ,into the truck and down again.

  12. #12Martin!2008-09-16 01:02

    That is exactly what they are doing.It has spent 6 months or so ripping the good old Sydney Sandstone and now it is time to remove it.They had the blade off for the lift out then put the blade back on when it was on the truck. there is 4 excavators down there also .They are coming out next weekend but the tower crane will probably get them out. For earthmoving buff Sydney is quite good in that you can go for a walk in the CBD and maybe see a D10 or even an 11 ripping away a basement for a high rise.

  13. #13soltesz2008-09-16 09:32

    wow :O

  14. #14JDOFMEMI2008-09-16 16:33

    Martin Thanks for clearing that up. I looked back at the picture, and can see a little of the clam bucket, but I did not relate it to the excavator being able to telescope it to the bottom of that hole.

  15. #15bigcatpip2008-09-16 17:22

    chain have no side load rating.

  16. #1695zIV2008-09-16 18:49

    What does side load have to do with this, picking is all in straight lines.:beatsme

  17. #17bigcatpip2008-09-16 18:58

    side load is when a chain make a 90, if you look, the chain make a U shape that is side loading, a chain is rated for vertical load only! that would mean that they needed a 4 way chain to pick that with a chain