Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A Wild Place for Excavators to Work..Sea to Sky Cut 10

DerelictTexture ยท 2012-07-12 11:17

A rock cut through tall vertical granite. Railroad tracks below that carry tourists. A busy highway north to the 2010 Winter Olympics site. Sport fishermen in the ocean a few hundred meters away from the blasting operations. How hard could it be? The link to the story and pics is here.. http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2011/11/drill-bits-and-dynamite-part-six-more.html

Replies2
  1. #1WerkBrau2012-07-12 13:55

    OMG - as an industrial photographer sies like this make me giddy and wish I could visit them. Are you personally on this job? If so, would you please keep us updated?

  2. #2DerelictTexture2012-07-12 15:24

    I got lucky on that one....I was the drill and blast superintendent...and went up every 2/3 weeks to photograph the job from the air. I was there from 2006 to 2008.... I don't do that type of work anymore...I left the game with a perfect safety record...and I don't want to screw with that. I have more photos on the way...more eye candy.