Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A25C Starting Issues

Aaron93 · 2018-11-16 21:17

Hey everyone! I hope you all have had a good week. Been wet all week lately so nothing has really been going on. I just am having an issue with starting my A25C truck after it has sit overnight or a few days. I can see some exhaust smoke coming from it as I turn it over but it wont crank and I usually have to hook jumper cables to it from another machine until it will turn over enough to crank. Also I would like to know where the best place to buy every manual (owners/operators, maintenance, shop, and parts manual) for this truck. I have seen the mention of rudd. I was just making sure I'm heading in the right direction. You all helped me tremendously the last time I had transmission issues with this truck. Thanks to everyone that has time to respond it really helps. Regardless, have a great weekend!

Replies4
  1. #1Aaron932018-11-17 11:29

    Update: Charged both batteries overnight and after a few squirts of ether started up just fine. I’m thinking fueling issue?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2018-11-17 14:21

    Assuming u have a Bosch mechanical inj. pump.. Next time, before starting it.. work the hand primer 5-6 times & see if it doesn't fire right off.. U might have a bleed back problem?? IF it fires up after working the hand primer, its either a week lift pump or over flow valve.. U are holding the pedal to the floor aren't you?? TRY THAT also.

  3. #3Mark2502018-11-18 03:04

    not sure of your ambient temp but you have a cold start button on the fuel injection pump governor housing also is your manifold heater working for pre heat Mark

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-11-18 06:21

    I was going to suggest that too Mark.. but the last time I told a dirt guy that.. he nearly took my head off..{on-site} He was running about 10-12 of those trucks & "didn't haft pull that GD rod on any ofm".!!! "So either fix the pump "right" or get the hell off of his construction site".!!! Lol Of course I fixed it to where he didn't hafta pull that GD rod.. Lol I "tried" to explain to this mud brain that> THATS WHAT ITS FOR> STARTING.. but naturally he wasn't having any part of it..