A25c with a zf trans . Transmision goes into reverse ok . Stays in first gear and will not upshift. Noticed speedometer is not working. Is the speed sensor the same for the speedometer as for the computer ? Also where is speedo sensor located ?
I've encountered this problem before, and I'll tell you about some things I want you to check at the beginning. When you put in R or D gear without starting the engine , I want you to check the voltage coming from the load sensor on the diesel pump. The load sensor contains three lines : power 5v ,ground and single ; You must ensure that 5 volts are available between the power line and the ground on load sensor , Signal and ground line 0.8 volts on idle and 3,8 volts on high idle Because if the voltage on the signal line is higher than 0.8 volts at idle, the transmission understands that the engine speed is higher than 700 rpm and therefore will not engage any gears. Quote
It does go into gear . It just doesnt upshift when going forward.
Does it move forward when you select the forward on gear selector ?
Yes it does, it also goes in reverse just fine . I checked the load sensor voltage and its within specs . the speedometer on dash does not work i noticed