Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

About S185 Bobcat

BobCatCarolyn ยท 2013-03-30 11:38

Both back bearings have worn thru sleeve. How much for an axle repair sleeve kit and bearings. Read some where that someone manufactured his own sleeve kit. Need information because I use for loading soybeans in our drill. Thanks for the response.

Replies2
  1. #1DrJim2013-03-30 14:18

    Hello, BobCatCarolyn, On behalf of the "old masters" (not me!), welcome to HEF. I happened to see your post today. I can't tell you about the cost of parts. . . but I would expect you have other critical components worn as well. Here is an excellent thread on those topics, courtesy of willie59. I think it covers everything you will need to know about the repairs required. Happy Easter!

  2. #2BobCatCarolyn2013-03-31 19:03

    Thanks DrJim, Got to looking again at the Bobcat and there is no leakage from the axle, fluid level is good, so there is no internal leak, hoping this is a good thing. Been told I'm way too nosy for a woman, whatever! Think we've found someone to work on it. I do the corn and bean planting and harvesting but this is way too far out for me! I do only simple things as far as mechanical work. Wouldn't have the strength anyway! BobCat was asking $2,000 a wheel, if, and that's a big one, there was nothing else wrong. Appreciate your input.