Anyone rent AST’s for your site projects? Whats the going rate in your area? I’m seeing $1.00 to $2.00 dollars a gallon here. Or, is the tank included as part of your fuel contract? What’s your favorite size? Do you request key card or RFID fob access? Skid mounted or trailer mounted?
My old fuel provider used to have free rental of tanks. I own my own tanks, no key card or fob access. Skid mounted 2-1000gal and 1-500 gal. 110 pumps. I don't move them, they stay at each of my 2 locations. Tanks to purchase are $1-2,000 or more. Depends if they are double wall, and have pumps or not. The pumps are getting expensive.
Thanks. I’ve been getting a few requests for short term rentals. Trying to get a feel for it. I’m thinking about starting a rental fleet of skid mount UL142’s. Clients are requesting 500 gallon units. The numbers are looking favorable.
Yes - "rent" one and own one. Both 500 gal tanks one for off road and one for on road. Both at our yard with 110V pumps. Our fuel jobber supplies the 500 gal off-road tank for no charge, we own the other 500. If we need a tank on site they'll supply whatever size we need - 500 or 1K for no extra cost. FWIW - both tanks have the "keep full" monitors on them.
FWIW - both tanks have the "keep full" monitors on them. SMARTank maybe? SkyBitz
Not sure if that's the exact one but they look like them - https://www.skybitz.com/smarttank-st90-lte-series
Right on. Yes, becoming a very popular tank monitor option.
Fuel supplier owns 2 2000 gallon tanks at our yard and doesn't charge me rent so I am sure its in the price If we drop a 500 on a job he charges 200 a month for it but those are the western global fuel cubes nice setup but dam expensive
Forty cents a gallon for a Trans Cube is a pretty good deal. I suspect it’s a highly competitive market place in AZ. Thanks for the info.
Around here it’s based on consumption, or at least that’s what they say. We have (2) 2k tanks here. One clear, one red. We have to keep them honest on the price per gallon, it’s like they try to sneak a tank charge in. We got a quote from another supplier and it was considerably less per gallon, like almost .25. They also claim free tanks above xxx volume. We use around 1,200-1,500 a month red and 3,000-4,000 clear. It’s so darn convenient it’s a huge time saver.
Does your supplier keep the filters changed, nozzles and pumps maintained as part of the deal? Do you have an onsite SPCC? Or, their tanks, their problem?
They change filters although not as often as I’d like. Their nozzles and a short hose. We wanted longer and it was on us to add. Tanks are in a container, for the most part it’s their tank, their problem.
Plastic kiddie pools are the local spill protection here, on dirt work construction sites. The fancy version is a cattle water tank. They are a little more robust. My shop tanks are double wall. I got them after loading out some generators, and they didn't have room on the trucks for the fuel tanks. I volunteered to haul the tanks off.
Gotcha. Thanks. Ahh, the old short hose trick. Those jerks short hosed you.
Ours doesn't really maintain anything on a regular schedule.. If a pump or nozzle goes out we'll call and they'll swap it out. We have our own SPCC and the tanks are both double walled.
It's ok there are about 4 maybe 5 companies that can do it here at scale only 1 has decent service we get a delivery every week can't make 2 weeks without it they are there when they say they will Fuel company maintains everything for us we have filters on the shelf just incase I really don't care about us doing the filters as needed cause that's way easier than changing out filters on the iron
Been setting new fuel tanks for the county road and bridge, so I've got access to some old tanks New tanks are made in Cape Girardeau Missouri, I can hook you up, maybe even help with installing? Word is they did a inspection on the old tanks and lots of crud in the bottom of the tanks, their new trucks with the superfine filtration, were having problems. I don't know why they weren't catching it at the tank filters. New tanks at all 3 locations. 8 tanks total.
Shiny new tanks. New tank day is always exciting. Cape Girardeau would be Mid-South Steel Products. How do the bottoms look? Maybe the SP001 inspector got worried about corrosion or did thickness testing.
County boys said they replaced just because of nasty crud in the tanks. Two of the tanks were horizontal with legs, the bottoms of the vertical tanks looked fine. I was eyeing the horizontal tanks, be nice for the shop. they probably won't sell them until they rust away for a while in their boneyard. Mid South does a lot of the bulk tanks we deal with.
So what's the hot choice in fuel tank pumps? Just lost a 3 year old GPI 120v that didn't have a lot of fuel pumped through it. I bought a 20gpm fill rite about the same time that seems like a lot better pump. I've got a 20 year old fill rite that has been pretty good also, but the new fill rites are $700 - $1,000. Tanks are going to be cheaper than the pumps.
I preferred GPI GPRO Extreme Temp and was having great luck with them. Factory support was responsive. IDK what happened, but quality went down hill mid-pandemic. I think Fill-Rite is the play in 2025. I’m curious what other folks are experiencing. For sure, pricing is going through the roof.