Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Absolute desperation in roading

digger242j ยท 2007-05-17 10:05

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fa7_1179330005

Replies18
  1. #1alco2007-05-17 10:37

    WOW! I really don't know what else to say about that. Brian

  2. #2RonG2007-05-17 10:57

    Hope he don't come to any steep hills. Ron G

  3. #3surfer-joe2007-05-17 14:42

    Time for a drug and alcohol screen for that chap!........

  4. #4Dozerboy2007-05-17 21:15

    I'm sure the tranny just when out, I would do it.:usa

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2007-05-17 22:59

    I lost the transmission pump in a 980C and had to push it in a similar manner with the bucket (NOT in the street) to get it out of a one way haul road. Sometimes you just get it done with whatever means are available to you. This attitude is known as "Never give up"

  6. #6jimmyjack2007-05-18 21:14

    ointhead :duh hope he didn't have to go far or that could've been a long night

  7. #7Mike J2007-05-18 22:28

    Some of those cars really look like they were in a hurry!

  8. #8OKYLE2007-05-19 18:48

    He shoulda used the the bucket and latched onto one of em. woulda been faster. Im surprised a cop wasnt following right behind him, giving him a ticket every time his bucket hit the road ! :Banghead gotta be city equipment though but still, woulda been hilarious.

  9. #9thejdman042007-05-19 20:02

    Ive done worse in times of desperation

  10. #10544D102007-05-19 22:01

    I've done that with forklifts, a little easiers when you can go 40 feet at a time though..:drinkup

  11. #11Steve Frazier2007-05-20 00:23

    I had the gear cluster in my JD 410 let go on a job and it locked up the tranny tight, rear wheels wouldn't turn. I had to use the boom in a similar manner to load the machine on the trailer except I had to lift the rear axle off the ground to do it. Talk about a pucker factor......I had the rear end up about 4' in the air balanced on the backhoe bucket when the front axle was up on the trailer. I got it up safely, then had to reverse the procedure when I unloaded.

  12. #12LowBoy2007-05-20 20:53

    Improvosation at it's finest. I wonder how many "bucket's per mile" he was getting there?:idea

  13. #13jd13642007-05-28 21:11

    Looks like something I would try:slomo

  14. #14Grader4me2007-05-29 20:35

    You have to admit...He had it down to a science. No wasted moves.

  15. #15OKYLE2007-05-30 15:32

    yea i noticed that. For all we know, hes been doing this for years, the tranny blew out back in 2000, and hes learned to move the machine around with just the arm. hes been saving up to get it fixed is all

  16. #1606bowtie_guy2007-05-30 17:10

    :notworthy Good one. Deffinatly got it down to a science.

  17. #17jimmyjack2007-05-30 23:03

    love how he drags the bucket each time , makes it sound more desperate as he inches along:Banghead :Banghead :Banghead

  18. #18itsgottobegreen2007-05-30 23:08

    I had to do that once in SALOPEZ backhoe. It leaked hydro fluid bad. I was on a trenching job and it ran low. Of course I didn't have any more fluid. So for about a 4 hours I just walked it around the site while digging my trench.