Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AC crawler loader

Dickjr. ยท 2015-04-20 16:12

Found this setting at a friends machine shop. I looked it over , looks nice and pretty straight , didn't notice a bunch of oil under it. We were looking at it and he asked me what I thought it was worth. I have no earthly idea so I thought I'd ask here. It runs well , the pads are worn , the rails are heavily worn , sprockets are good usable. I like to look at old stuff like this , even would like to play around with it some.

Replies4
  1. #1wosama931b2015-04-20 19:29

    not sure about value, but looks good from here, would make a nice farm machine.

  2. #2Dickjr.2015-04-20 19:39

    One thing I noticed about it , but didn't get a pic of was the bucket teeth and bucket condition. It looks better than some 953C I've seen. Like I said , it belongs to a friend , I personally have no interest in buying it. My guess would be its worth about 7500$. But that's it a guess. It is pretty tidy little outfit.

  3. #3DMiller2015-04-20 20:35

    655 is the last of the series based on the HD4. Small, lightweight, easy to maneuver in tight spots yet still a adequate tractor to dig and move material with. 4 cyl. I believe 40 hp, radiator is just ahead of firewall, is it stick or full pedal steer? Bucket will more than likely be smooth cutting edged. Going market price is around $3-4500 dependent on needs. I also believe the rails from Case series tractors are the same pitch and close to the same overall dimensions although those appear OK.

  4. #4Dickjr.2015-04-20 20:51

    The bucket had teeth on it and they looked good. I looked at the throttle , forward and gear shift under seat , but didn't notice any sticks so it must be pedal steer. If I had money to burn I'd buy it to load topsoil or creek rock. I need a 953 more than this.