Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser 125G lubricant questions

squidboy 1951 ยท 2015-04-20 17:48

My first post, great forum and lots of excellent information. I recently got what I believe is a 1990 Dresser 125G crawler loader (serial# 1252K5125). I am servicing the engine (cummins 4bt 3.9 L), transmission, sprocket drives and hydraulics. On the battery side door there is a large service sticker with the various time intervals and lubricants listed for the machine. My questions are, 1. engine, transmission, and hydraulics all are to use EO (engine oil), I plan on using Delo 400LE 15w-40 since I use it in other equipment I have. Would this meet the lubrication requirements? 2. sprocket drives use MPL (multi purpose lubricant) I am not sure what to use here. Could you experts please give me the proper lubricant recommendations that will keep this machine in good working order. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Dickjr.2015-04-20 23:08

    I had a Dresser dozer , 15 40 EO in the engine yes , the transmission had called for 30Weight with TO4 additives , anti wear for clutches. The final drives I think were 30 weight gear oil or engine oil. Do not take my word on this , call a Komatsu dealer and ask them. If you don't get a straight answer keep looking. Hit up ebay for a manual.

  2. #2Mike Legg2015-04-21 09:12

    The 175C call for the following lubes. I would imagine the 125 is the same? Crankcase SAE 30, 10W30, 10W40 Rear Frame/Transmission SAE10W EO HY-Tran and TO2 Compliant Hydraulic Same as Transmission Sprocket Drives SAE85W140

  3. #3squidboy 19512015-04-21 10:06

    Thanks for the fast replies. I decided to take Dickjr's advice and order the manual for my machine and see what they recommend. I am sure there are updates to the manuals and the lubes themselves, so I welcome any good recommendations from the pros in the business. I need to protect my investment, and not waste time or money on the wrong lubricants. I am using the 125G to brush and make fire breaks on my property. We are having a prolonged drought here and the fire danger is going to be worse than ever before. Last year several nearby fires destroyed 34 homes, the local propane business, countless forest land acres and sadly one brave air tanker pilot.