Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ac in cab ?

puredieselpower ยท 2006-07-25 14:54

Do you guys with cabs have a problem with moisture coming out of the vents. Today while working, i was running the air and out of the left vents, i had a small stream of water runnning out.

Replies6
  1. #1NateV2006-07-25 15:43

    Im not sure, but in my dads backhoe water drips out of the vent above your head. Its not steady, but you can feel it hit your head or neck.

  2. #2Orchard Ex2006-07-25 17:51

    Sounds like the drain line is plugged up?

  3. #3puredieselpower2006-07-25 19:45

    :beatsme Only have 22 hrs. but could be.:beatsme

  4. #4Orchard Ex2006-07-25 21:05

    Was it raining?:wink2 Just kidding I've never had a CTL with A/C so I'm not even sure where the (evaporator?) coils are, like overhead or somewhere else on the cab. It was just the "Captain Obvious" in me coming out that thought A/C + water drip = drain line isn't draining. Could it have been kinked all along and only overflowed after the humidity went so high lately?

  5. #5Grader4me2006-07-26 06:34

    My two cents....On the AC that I had if you had the temperature control on full (coolest) and the fan on low it would freeze up causing water to come out the vents. When I had the fan on low I could only have the temperature control at 3/4 max. Once I turned the fan on the higher setting I could have the temp control on full.

  6. #6puredieselpower2006-07-26 19:12

    Yeah used the ac today, cant run it on the coolest setting. Has to be about 1/4" up from the coldest. thanks for replies.