Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ac machine

Clayton Dort · 2018-08-13 01:33

I’m curious every time I need to service a ac system on a machine I have to load up my ac machine. I hate having the machine in the back of my service truck because it’s hard on the machine. Do they make a machine specifically for out in the field to have bounced around in the back of a service truck other than gauges and a scale and such.

Replies3
  1. #1funwithfuel2018-08-13 06:32

    Yellow jacket makes a recovery pump. It's just a transfer pump/vacuum pump. It will pull the system to negative pressure and push it into a storage tank. I'm sure other vendors/mfrs make them as well. The only downside is that you have to take recovered refrigerant back to the shop to recover/recycle. So until you have 2 recovery tanks your recovering into one and charging with virgin. It works, it's efficient but it's a big up front expenditure.

  2. #2funwithfuel2018-08-13 06:35

    Like this little guy here. They're pretty resilient.

  3. #3heymccall2018-08-13 08:25

    My yellow jacket recovery pump, and vacuum pump have survived very well in my shake and bake service truck.