Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Appearances

RobVG ยท 2018-08-15 21:50

One guy has a $45 vise on his bumper, the other has one that cost $500. Which is the better Mechanic.

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2018-08-16 00:31

    Who is paying for the truck?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2018-08-16 07:10

    The one w/ the microwave..

  3. #3ianjoub2018-08-16 08:28

    Can one buy a new forged vise anymore? All I seem to find are cast ones.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-08-16 10:33

    I look on my local "craigslist".. ..some folks "know" what they got, while others don't.. I see some on CL for 75.00 & some for 700.00.. I found a STEEL work table w/ a 200.00 Yost vise on it for 100.00.. I looked at the guy & told him, "I'm not even gonna TRY to talk you down.. THANK YOU".. The table alone woulda been 100.-150.00..

  5. #5mikebramel2018-08-16 13:04

    Ridgid makes a steel/ fabbed vise. Very tough

  6. #6John C.2018-08-16 13:48

    I had a cheap one on the back bumper of one of the service trucks I was in. Tossed it in the scrap bin when the outer jaw broke just above the screw handle. Had another cheap one rust the screw solid and could only use the thing as a anvil.

  7. #7td25c2018-08-22 21:31

    We aint got a vice mounted on the Ford yet . Buddy Bob & I got buy without a vice swapping a cylinder head on his FARMALL 450 tractor . Had a cracked head & leaking coolant in the crankcase . We did make pretty good use of an old 55 gallon drum for a work table . Not sure what he paid for the drum ? Knowing Bob I bet he got a good deal on it .