Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AC recharge

southernman13 ยท 2017-05-15 17:01

tried recharging AC on ASV RC100. Its coming right back out of the valve when you remove the can. I don't have the cap to the valve. I'm not sure that is supposed to keep it from doing that anyway. Any suggestions? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Birken Vogt2017-05-15 17:45

    Some valves have a core that you can remove and replace like a tire valve but others use an oddball core that is not field repairable and you have to replace the whole hose assy. A/C is a pain in the neck sometimes.

  2. #2Junkyard2017-05-15 17:45

    It should have a core in it like a tire but larger. Sounds like it's fubard. The cap just keep crud out. Grab new for low and high pressure and replace them both. Junkyard

  3. #3JS3002017-05-15 18:43

    Most Auto Parts stores carry a kit that has the core, cap, and install tool for pretty cheap. This time of year they are usually up front with the A/C display stuff.

  4. #4southernman132017-05-15 19:23

    Ok cool thanks I'll check it out tomorrow. It has a core but like said its probably fubarb up