Which do you guy's prefer to use while running the grader. If I am grading a long road I use the decelerator , but for driving I use the accelerator.
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment... I'm content to hold the accelerator down all day for some reason, on the G series Cats, mostly because the I never found the location of the decelerator comfortable to use. But on the 143H on long stretches, it's really tempting to set the electronic rocker switch, and bump it up or down as needed.
Accelerator. I did do some tweaking so that it is pretty soft to push.
Same as me most times. . Okay, I'm from the old school here. What is an electronic rocker switch? Keep in mind the newest grader that I've ever operated is a 98 Champion :crying
I think the correct terminology for that is an "Angle switch", Grader4me.
Sorry, meant to take a picture of that today and forgot my camera. It's just a toggle switch that sets and adjusts engine RPM. If you hit the foot feed again, it kicks it back to idle speed.
Cool. Thanks!
Cruise control!:scool
Cruise control. :exactly The front switch turns it on or off (I leave it on all the time), and the white one controls the engine speed with a mere tap one way or t' other.
Wow! That would come in handy. So do you have float for the moldboard? If so toggle switchs? In our Champions there is a toogle switch to activate the system and two switches (one on each side) to engage the float.
Yes, on the H series that I have run there is a float on the moldboard, but it's a mechanical detent like a dozer blade or loader bucket.
I ran a Champion years ago and it had float levers,one on each side and all you did to release the float position was lift on either lift lever and it automaticaly knocked the float position off. It was real nice for doing lots of back and forth like parking lot plowing. buy the time you shifted to forward the blade had dropped and you were ready to go. I haven't seen another one with that option.
Accelerator/Decelerator My 1988 A450E Dresser has accelerator & decelerator pedals to be used in conjunction with the hand throttle control. The A or D pedals take the revs above & below the peak on the hand throttle. This was because if your revs dropped too low the brake system isn't great
On the 01, 140 I run I use the hand throttle for longer runs if there aren't too many rocks or stumps. We strip topsoil with scrapers (657's, 651's and D10) so there are lots of beautifully shaved flush hardwood stumps. A few months back I was tooling along in 3rd about 1800rpm. Crash!! It hit right in the centre beside the joint in the blades so there was no relief from the slip clutch. Twas the hardest hit I've taken in 30 some years, actually bent the moldboard.
Welcome to HEF snapfruzen! Just catching up with your posts here...you've been busy..lol Man..you must had hit hard to bend the moldboard...did ya leave nose prints on the windshield?..lol Seriously though...did you hurt yourself?
Luckily I had the controls pulled back fairly tight so I didn't have far to travel to wrap myself around the steering wheel. Just a bit sore, thanks.
Moldboard float Clark 301 Super (1981 vintage) also had blade float by pushing both blade levers fully forward.