Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Complete 24H rebuild w/pics

DigDug ยท 2007-09-30 19:11

Thought some of you grader buffs would like to see this rebuild. It is on another forum , and has dozens of pics. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/10/112.html doug

Replies5
  1. #1nedly052007-09-30 19:34

    I'm not a big grader buff, but that is quite an undertaking, Great Pics, thanks for the link!!

  2. #2Graderfan19812015-06-08 10:54

    The link doesn't work anymore, but I have find the pictures on another site, very interesting pics! http://www.pbase.com/impalass/24h&page=all

  3. #3kshansen2015-06-08 13:36

    When I first saw the 24H rebuild I was not thinking model number, not familiar with Cat Graders, I thought it meant they did the overhaul in 24 HOURS! I see it actually took something like 6 months. Wonder what the total man hours involved would be from the time the truck hit the yard till it was loaded back up?

  4. #4Nige2015-06-08 15:36

    Judging by the team involved in the rebuild there would be a large amount of man hours involved in the rebuild. Our D10 & 16M rebuilds were done in 30 calendar days or less by a team of about 10 men. Not quite the same size machine as a 24, although that shouldn't affected anything other than the time taken to do the rebuild.

  5. #5kshansen2015-06-08 21:23

    Where I just retired from it could take 30 days for management to decide on where I could buy a new cutting edge for a 980G! And that was after getting three quotes when we had just replaced tow in the last 9 months! Any idea as to why I did not stay past my 65th B'day?