sprung a leak on one of the hydraulic fittings on the valve stack of my backhoe. I had to take the floor up and of course it was in the middle of the valve so I had to take all the lines to the left off to get the leaky one apart and repaired. got me thinking there must be a better way. maybe a set of crows foot wrenches with a long extension. is there some tool i'm not aware of? thanks.
That's what I usually use. Ive had three feet of extensions and swivel joints and a crowfoot to get at some of them. I bought sunnex ones for about $75. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...roup_ID=674923&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog
I have some line wrenches that clamp around fittings and ratchet back and forth some times they fit some times they don't I got them at and auction so don't no who sells them
What andrew and clintm said. We have a storage unit complex at our shop/office complex, and I always get to go through them when people don't pay, before the auction man cleans them out. Anyway, over the year I have aquierd TONS of cheap chinese tools that I keep in an old tool box.I can't count how many I have cut/welded/heated/bent/ground, etc. etc. Point is, sometimes it's better to make your own. Usually ain't pretty, but gets the job done.....(kinda like my wife,ha-ha)....did I just say that??
I have the line wrench style crows feet. ( C ) They work fair. A lot of the time I'll take a stubby wrench and pry bar to break it loose.
And sometimes the only way is like you said, disconnect one at a time till you get to the real problem and then work your way back out. Had to go through just that on a Bobcat to replace one bad hose. Ended up removing engine and all hydraulic lines and valve body just to have room to unhook the hose! To say the least I was very careful to tighten each line as they went back in.