Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Access Panel Security

oceanobob ยท 2021-11-22 21:15

Not intending to raise anyone's blood pressure, but this time they got me for two batteries: one outta the air compressor and one outta the platform lift. Prior experiences indicate that any exposed shackle lock that a bolt cutter fits will be so sheared. And some machines have no proviso for a lock, just bolted panels. To try and keep the battery in me reachforklift, I got a so called 'security bolt' from McMasterCarr and the companion unique adapter that fits said bolt. I utilize a ratcheting box wrench to operate the adapter (tacked a washer to help not slip thru the wrench) and keep the wrench & said adapter with the key rack in my work truck. Throwing this out there - any hope for such a method?

Replies1
  1. #1crane operator2021-11-22 23:35

    I'd say move out of california, but we have the same type of problems here. If you make it harder to steal, they just tear more stuff up to get at it. I've got lights, cameras, security system. And actually the security system has saved me from one break in. They got through the door and left when the beeper went off. I've been looking at the gps install for my vehicles, because I've had two stolen and recovered. It would make the recovery a lot easier with a locater.