Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Action alarm voltage below normal and action alarm amperage below normal

Roger W Austin · 2024-01-16 19:31

I am all of a sudden getting two yellow alerts across my monitor every time I start it. The first one is action alarm voltage below normal, I clear it then I get action alarm amperage below normal. Anyone have any clue as to what is going on? Cat 259D

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-01-16 20:14

    A quick check it seems like you haven't posted regarding this machine before. Any chance of a Serial Number.?

  2. #2Roger W Austin2024-01-16 21:57

    Cat 259d ftl02313

  3. #3Delmer2024-01-16 23:13

    Have you checked the voltage when it's running? if the voltage is low, then the amperage will be also, not sure what the thinking is on the two alarms? Even if the display shows voltage, check with a multimeter, and if it's low in the cab, check at the battery, and then at the alternator.

  4. #4Nige2024-01-16 23:17

    OK, so this is for the Monitor System warning horn. Cat calls it the Action Alarm. The first one (low voltage in the circuit) causes the second (low current). In that respect they are both related. Attached is a troubleshooting procedure that has the correct wire numbers (410 White & 200 Black) as your machine BUT it is for a different model of machine because there is no procedure listed under your Serial Number. I will send you the electrical schematic so keep an eye on your messages. You'll need to use the schematic along with the procedure to get to the bottom of the problem. The first thing I see is that the 200 Black (ground) wire ends up at the cab ground stud, so a check for corrosion and/or loose hardware there might pay dividends.

  5. #5Roger W Austin2024-01-18 08:53

    no but I will

  6. #6Roger W Austin2024-01-18 09:00

    Ii was able to down load both documents but I’m not sure i can understand the schematic. I am unable to find location E4 which is where the legend says the action alarm is located.

  7. #7Nige2024-01-18 09:25

    If you look on Page 4 onwards you will find a table of component & connector locations. They are hyperlinked so that if you click on the E-4 which is marked as the location of the Action Alarm it will take you straight to it. EDIT: See below. The schematic locations (Pages 8 & 9) are based on a grid system in a similar way to a map reference. Look for the "rail tracks" around the outside of the page.