I have a d5k2 Dozer and how does one know what to check when an amber action light starts flashing amber. How can you look up what an dct code means. (Rx- 246-09)
Are you sure it's not 248-09..? That would be an abnormal update rate on the Cat Data Link. 246 refers to a proprietary CAN Datalink that I imagine your machine doesn't have unless it has some electronic attachments on it. A machine Serial Number would help. FMI 09 pertains to the communication between the electronic controls on the data link. FMI 09 occurs when an electronic control is not able to receive expected information from another electronic control.
Just wished that when an action lamp started flashing that it would have an information next to it.
That's to keep dealer techs in work......... How about a Serial Number..? There are 8 different versions of D5K2. It would be nice to see which one we were dealing with here. MID 039 is the Machine Control ECM. Does this particular tractor happen to be equipped with Accugrade by any chance.......??
Serial #KYY00509. 2013 model. I assume it is accugrade ready but never purchased the system.
It was originally built on 8th January 2013 with Accugrade. (347-2693 Grade Control Arrgt.) Drop me a PM (click on my username and Start a Conversation) and give me your email address. I can flip you the Electrical Schematic and the Troubleshooting Procedure for the 246-09 Code. You'll need the Schematic to find various wires.
Again. Thank you