What is the actual price of a new D3K LGP dozer? Basic machine. What have contractors paid for a new unit. Before sales tax and other taxes? Checking on my Cat dealers quote.
i too was in need of a little finish machine and tried to get a price of a 3k 4k 5k 6k and i dont know if i ever got a straight answer so i just bought a 6n
Bob, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they quote you? PM me if would not like to post it publicly. How much more efficient you guys think from a 3k vs a 3c series 2? While I'm not looking to buy new, there is a 3k local that has caught my eye.
pp13bnos reply With taxes cash $120,768. With financing with taxes $141,823.
I haven't run a C, but spent a lot of time on G's. The K2 I ran would whip a G, both L.G.P. configurations, same conditions. I love the G's too, but that K2 was a sweet trim tractor.
What the ***!@ thats insane, in Aus they sell 2nd hand, 3-4 years old with around 10 hours on them, seems to be a display model that didn't sell and they cant sell it new any more, for $170k I would think a 2013/2014 model D3k would be around the 200k mark
Yair . . . thetabop . lake side bob's numbers amazed me too. So much so that I ran it past a mate of mine "in the know" and he reckoned about 220K with rippers and air cab. He reckoned it was B/S and said no one except the big boys would spend that kind of moola . . . just couldn't get the hourly rate to justify the "investment". Classic case around here a few years back. Local bloke had a tidy 65 Komatsu and all the work he could handle. It was a nice little tractor, he'd done his time with Cummins and knew all the inns and outs of the engine and I gave him a hand to rebuild the final drives. Then bugger me he wins 200 grand in a lottery and splurges on a hi-track six. He was still pushing the same rake and the cockies jacked up on the prices . . . reckoned the Cat wasn't that much better, (and neither did he). The long and the short of it he is back to just ten bucks more than he was getting for the Komatsu, work has tightened up, and the Cat is far from trouble free. Cheers.
yeah, pretty ridiculous how expensive they can be... especially for the smallest sized bulldozer. I can get a 2011 d6k with 1k hours for the same price as a d3k new, and make $40-50 an hour more with it.
I have a 2011 d4k lgp its loaded with all the bells and whistles even has a heated seat I just found that out, it is also already set up for trimble gps which is called (ARO). enclosed cab ac/heat am/fm/cd automatic button to shake blade it just turned 1700 hrs I rented it for almost a year and the cat dealer applied 100 percent my rent to the purchase I financed that tractor for 113,000 big ones and got a low payment at 3.75 percent. I love the tractor its diffinately a money maker as it don't burn much fuel I did a pond clean out with it and a d6r lpg for like 15000. put 25 hrs on the d6 and about 50 on the d4 I was the only one working used the d6 for the tougher muck then parked it, the d4 for the rest and what a nice finish job of that d4.
That $113,000 was after your rental of one year applied. What was purchase price with the rental amount added to the $113,000. What was the total cost of machine, with taxes? D4K LGP rents for $3780.00 plus taxes a month here. How many hours on it when you started to rent it? $15,000 divided by 75 hours about $200.00 per hour minus mob iin & out, good pricing.
I would look at used ones with low hours, there can quite a savings. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...dlx=exact&bcatid=4&Pref=0&scf=false&HDROR=asc Around 2k hours for $50-60K and that's retail Machinery Trader prices. $60-70K cheaper than a new one..:cool2
What he said. Unless you have to have new. RPO 's are a good way into a new machine. Cat financing is great ! I'm considering another dozer myself. Looking at used D3-4k or g , older D6d , or a D6R.