Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adams name plate

farmer45 ยท 2013-10-13 00:01

I have a cast iron name plate that says ADAMS. It is about 16in long and has a slight angle in the middle, There is a notch about an inch long in the middle of the back side, It looks like it may have been fastened on a grill. Any idea what this came from?

Replies3
  1. #1mitch5042013-10-13 00:13

    An Adams grader probably, if so it's an antique.

  2. #2lalaura2014-05-31 22:34

    I have an ADAMS LEANING WHEEL GRADER that my Granddaddy bought 60 yrs ago, one of the bigger ones. But, other than a small serial number plate, the Adams Leaning Wheel Grader is on the iron sides. I am looking for a forum or advice on how to market or sell it. It's been sitting under an oak tree for several decades and is a part of history.

  3. #3rayman2014-08-15 00:35

    ADAMS made graders up into the 1970's, the later ones were a copy of "Galion" but with mechanical controls instead of hydraulics. regards ray