Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adapter to use Skid Steer Attachments?

1toomanyhobbies ยท 2010-08-26 09:38

I have just made the plunge and purchased a bobcat 335 and I am now looking at attachments. I have found where Rockhound makes an attachment that allows a mini to use skid steer attachments. To me it makes a lot of sense to be able to share attachments between a mini and a skid steer plus the skid steer attachments are a lot more common. Am I missing something? Is there any reason using a auger setup for a skid steer would be a problem using this adapter? http://www.everythingattachments.co...tem-for-Excavators-p/rh-hookup-attachment.htm

Replies6
  1. #1rshackleford2010-08-26 10:06

    I second this question.

  2. #2792DLC2010-08-26 10:44

    Ah do you have an auger for a skidsteer? If yes I would just make a new attachment baseplate for the mini with (pinbosses?) for the top of the link off the auger. The link being the joint that has one pin running N to S and the other pin running E to W. Does this make sense? Plus the convertor would add weight.

  3. #3CM19952010-08-26 10:50

    The auger I have ( I think it's a McMillan) has one main pin that attaches it to the skid carrier. I had a fab shop make an adapter plate for the 334D mini and it's simple to swap it between skid and mini for a lot less money than $2K.

  4. #41toomanyhobbies2010-08-26 12:42

    I agree, for only one attachment it isn't worth it. However I'd like to use several skid steer attachments such as pallet fork, auger, and maybe a Landplane. Eventually I'd like to get a mower which I know there are some designed to go on excavators but it is easier to find used skid steer mowers. I can buy the skid steer adapter from another company for $1200. The quick attach bobcat adapter for the auger is going to cost $325. So for $775 more I can use any skid steer attachment.

  5. #5jrtraderny2010-08-26 19:17

    Or you can go down to your local New Holland dealer and buy the skidsteer compatable quick coupler for a compact tractor for about $400 and weld on an adaptor bracket for your machine. jr

  6. #6stuvecorp2010-08-27 23:54

    I bent(okay wrecked) a manual skid steer quick attach last year and some day will have the fab guy put some pins on it so I can use it on the mini x. I thought for the auger, the eliminator rake and the pallet forks it would be worth it.