I have always rented when I needed a long reach, but just spotted one of these,looks like you will need aux hydraulics,but would add on another 20 feet or so.just wondering if any body has operated one.????
Fly arm application Good day Earthscratcher Not sure if this is what you mean if it is we have extensive experience in this type of application, if we can help further please come back to us. Kind regards Uffex
theres been one floating around my area for about 25years never had a chance to run it but tried to buy it a couple of times from the rack its been sitting the last 10 years it fits a 300 size machine. a friend a mine wanted it for demolition of 3-5 story buildings. I don't think it would be as efficient as a purpose built long reach for dredging work because of the weight of the boom of a standard excavator
I have a couple of different sized ones. Was using a 12 foot one on a Cat 320 yesterday. Just need a two way breaker circuit to work the bucket. Easy enough to use and no need to add extra counter weight if you get a sensible length. I was using it full stretch over the side grading a bank with no problems. If you are only going to need it occasionally a lot better option then a long reach in my opinion. Saves the extra cost of a specialist machine and the extra transport costs. Also can use a full sized bucket for normal use rather than the reduced bucket you get with long reach machines. Graham