Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Hitachi with hydraulic problems

ian douglas ยท 2014-05-01 22:15

I recently bought a Hitachi EX100-3 with a bad pump. Had pump built by trusted shop and am confident in their work. Now when working machine, all functions are slow and engine is loading up. They checked and rechecked hydraulics and could not find any problems. New solenoids and angle sensor installed with pump. Today I noticed when engine idling you can hear it load up for just a second or two and then back to normal idle. I also cleaned the fuel system to insure it wasn't engine problem. Have about thrown as much money at it as I can stand, need help please. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies4
  1. #1jaytech2014-05-02 17:10

    hey ian where in Ms are you? could the angle sensor be 180 degrees out? could the wires to the solenoids be reversed? you might need to run dr diagnostics.

  2. #2ian douglas2014-05-02 20:46

    Hello and thanks for the reply. I am in southwest Ms near Brookhaven. The sensor and solenoids were installed by hydraulic shop so it is a possibility. This is the first computer controlled machine I have owned so I am dazed and confused. Don't want to do more damage by trying different things without some guidance. Should I try a particular sequence or just start changing . Its possible this condition was present before pump was built but with correct pressure it is much more prevalent. I don't have access to any diagnostic tools unless software can be installed on laptop and can connect it to machine. I am not to good with computers but can enlist some help with that if needed.

  3. #3ian douglas2014-05-03 08:35

    Hello jaytech, just noticed your location. I am working on machine today and you could text me with suggestions and questions at 601-259-8977. Thanks again

  4. #4ian douglas2014-05-03 21:12

    Turned angle sensor 180,slowed functions even more. Reset it back and changed wires on solenoids. That too slowed functions. Both actions relived load on engine. As I was trying these changes, noticed that in original set up, return to dig, extending dipper arm, rolling out bucket and lowering main boom is almost normal speed. Bringing dipper arm in, rolling bucket in is very slow and main boom will hardly lift at all. Swing is very slow at all times. Just adding info and symptoms as I discover them to aid those who may know to help diagnose problem