Any experiences out there with the "add a stick" or "extendavators"? Opinions... I will be using it for dredging soft silt areas... How much do they cost? Thx, ez
From your earlier post this wouldn't be much more help for reach.They are only, i believe ,10 ft. to maybe 14 ft. so they will still be short of the reach you was asking about. I have seen used listed for around 10K,new i'm sure more now days:beatsme:usa
Yes... I kind of figured it would shorten the reach over the long reach X, however I will eventually be placing the X on a barge. I will then be able to access the areas that I would have otherwise been able to with the long reach, but have the advantage of running a hammer and other attachments. For my uses it sounds like a viable solution. What would be the smallest size X capable of using these attachments? Thx ez
I have a 18 ft add a stick. This is a great tool In fact is is a lot better than a long reach.I run a 1 yd bucket and have no problem even dumpin in a 10 wheeler or end dump. I can dig 43 ft deep and reach 53 ft from the tracks. The long reach they will tell you like a 60 ft long reach that is from the center of the machine so it is not 60 ft.
Wow that's on your 220?? That's a nice rig!
I bet you have to use a bit of common sense using that rig. There's lots of photo's of those rigs on their sides! Nice looking machine!
Yes common sense. Yes common sense. I would recommend a pattern changer after using this for several days both of us that ran this machine decided it would just be pure fun to have a pattern changer . In fact as soon as I have to use this again it's getting a pattern changer. I am just waiting for the work. I have rented the Komatsu 200 long reach and like the add-a-stick the best, you can just do more things with it and it is very stable. I run it like a drag line and keep the load in. But as you can see as long as the material doesn't hang up you can extend out wile dumping. You can get longer ones too to fit your needs. I was just real happy to use our 1 yard 36 inch bucket with wide teeth off the 150 which is what we pinned it for. I can also use the 150 JRB quick coupler on the end if we need a bucket changers. The other thing there is not a lot of long reach excavators around. Due to limited use. So the stick can just sit under the barn there until needed with out any up-keep.
How do you account for the extra ram on the arm. Do you use the thumb control and plumbing.
Long Sticks Who made the stick for your excavator?
Good question,plus will add what is your thoughts on the main machine setup as in........ long main boom with short stick as what yours looks to be,compared medium main boom long stick,plus add a stick. I would think long main boom ,short stick would be better because of strength issue.Thats my guess.Thanks for sharing the pics,nice setup !!!!!! What type of work are you doing there.Do you do environmental work,like fuel tank install systems.I see your doing a lot of drilling are those for test holes or something.Wondering:beatsme:usa
Do you have binoculars in the cab when you're using the extension?
Okay think i can answer one of my question.After looking at the guy leaning on the what i thought was pole is actually the tubing on a concrete pump truck. So the holes that you drilled are for building footing(pilers) i'm quessing?:usa
Answers The sits was 18 foot deep 48 ft by 60 ft.? that the contractor had done an OSHA slope on the sides. The sides would not stand. The project stood still for 2 months. In the picture we put in a foot of rock. This was for tanks to allow gravety to drain from the plant I came in to do the shoring. I drilled and cement steel beams and placed wood lagging. The excavator is medium stick. I don't think it would matters that much the size of boom & stick. The guy that sold this told me told me it was 20 ft. I was not happy to find out that it was 18 ft. and I think a 20 ft. would work just as well. But then this was close to what I needed foe the long reach work. This operates as 3rd member. We use 3rd members on other applications but to dig is another story, that is why a pattern changer make it part of you. Pattern changer would do the following. Boom hoist stays the same. Crowd control changes to operate bucket cylinder on origional stick. Bucket control changes to operate bucket on add-a-stick. Aux circut control changes to operate crowd cylinder on origional stick. This is because I don't want to change the hydraulic lines to accomplish what a flick of a switch will do. You could take the crowd cylinder complety off and put a piece of steel in place of the cylinder, which is a lot of work. I can pull into a site and be up and running in a very short time. I hope this answers your questions. I also have a 5 ft. extention for the stick on a Komatsu 150 that dig 25 ft. deep in confined areas and 35 ft of reach. http://www.darrylmueller.com/komext.jpeg I answers all the questions
The only pattern changer I am familiar with is to switch from BHL to SAE controls, the one you are referring to has to do with the extenda-stick?:beatsme Just curious to see how the controls would be set up to run the extenda-stick. Interesting pics. On edit- you answered the question while I was typing my post.
http://www.sandcomaskin.se/ The webpage is down due to reconstruction, but the stick on the rubberduck is a hydraulic telescopic stick.
Back on topic, does anyone know of any used add a sticks that be for sale? Thanks
Hawkeye, check machinerytrader.com or rockanddirt.com