I sold my Case 1845 B skid steer the other day and bought a Case 530 tractor and front loader. My D130 backhoe didn't sell with the skidsteer though, so I still have it. What is the possibility of mounting my D130 hoe on my 530? I can fab up a bracket, as I did for the skidsteer, so that shouldn't be a huge issue. However, I have no PTO on the tractor, and not sure if it can be added. It doesn't appear to have any power beyond port on the loader. It appears to me I would have to add a PTO and pump to run the hoe. Is this possible? Is it practical? As far as practicality, I do not need a backhoe. It is a nice to have on occasion only. That said, it would be nice to have, only used occasionally, and only lighter duty. I don't want to have it cost a million bucks either, but if I could make it work affordabley then I would do it. Any ideas?
Well, it appears that there is a power beyond port on the loader valve, however, I need to find the adapter sleeve that fits it. I am having difficulty finding a part number for it.
I believe the 530 has hydraulic capacity over 20 GPM, there is a power beyond fitting for the front valve but I do not believe the small hoe has the flow capacity to accept the 530 flow unless some sort of flo divider is installed to cut the flow to the hoe.
Interesting point, I hadn't considered that. I will have to hunt through my manuals to see if the flow gym for the hoe is in there.
The closest GPM RATING I could find was the rating for my 1845Brake, which is 14.8 GPM. The 530 is 20 @1900 RPM. Is it a hard on the loader pump to run it at less RPM?
Depending on how many GPM the hoe valve will flow the system could be subjected to excessive back pressure when doing loader work or anytime you were over the rpm that flows right for the hoe unless you would take the hoe out of the circuit. You could hook it up and see how much back pressure you get. It will be extremely jerky and hard to be smooth operating it above its rated flow. Mel
Well, I suspect that the hoe is missing its restrictions, as it is already jerky and hard to operate, so I have already developed that skill set. I understand what you are saying though. For as little as I will need it, I may just take the approach of disconnecting it if I need the loader while it is on.