Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

adding A/C

nickkendall ยท 2012-03-05 19:45

does anyone have any experience adding A/c to there machine i have a 99 cat 315 and am wanting to install a/c in it and am not finding much info i have been told by dealers that they could do it for 2500 but curious what everyone else has to say about this

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2012-03-05 20:31

    The factory units work well in that they usually just bolt in and the existing wiring has all the connections. Red Dot Corporation makes kits and components for installing their aftermarket air conditioning units. I think you can do a search on line to find them. I have installed quite a few of these units in odd ball machines over the years and they work pretty well.

  2. #2TCS2012-03-05 20:47

    I agree....Red Dot. I have installed them in trucks and equipment and they offer a durable high quality product.