I drove a Case skid steer years ago with foot pedal throttle and loved the ability to vary throttle as required between digging and traveling without having to let go of a control (and use a knee on right control lever so machine doesn't stop during throttle adjustment). Now I'm looking at getting a 2006 Bobcat S300 with ACS controls. I won't use the foot pedals (been there, done that for years, am a convert to H-pattern). I understand at least newer machines with SJC (joystick) controls come with a foot pedal throttle. I'd love to have the foot throttle even if it means removing the tilt pedal and never using foot lift/tilt controls. Does anyone know if it would be possible/reasonable to put the foot throttle into a Bobcat with ACS controls?
foot throttle wasnt an available option on g & k series ACS machines. you might be able to piece something together using parts from an AWS joystick machine, but you will have to remove the tilt pedal add the foot rest from an AWS, replace the rh sheetmetal, add a pedal, linkage & cables ect. most foot throttles we run across are rusted to the point where they wont move at all... :drinkup
Thanks; if I end up with an ACS machine, I may just try this "upgrade". I actually drove the machine with foot throttle for a while before I discovered it. Once discovered, I used it regularly for the type of work I was using the machine for.
That's the truth, not just on Bobcat either. Until the electric pedals in the D series, Cat had mechanical ones that loved to sieze up even if you used them daily, didn't take long either. PITA to get them working again. Running joystick machines though I always use the pedal.