The factory suspension seat in a 2006 S300 no suspension (baffles under it are squashed flat with no weight on seat, and you have to hold the seat up in order to use forward/back slider). Dealer does not list an air-ride seat as an option for this machine. Does anyone know if it is possible/reasonable to put an Bobcat (or other recommended brand) air ride seat in an '06 S300 that came with suspension seat from the factory? I'm also curious to know how the suspension and air ride seats compare. With present lack of any suspension in the seat, I felt it in my back after spending a few minutes driving around. I'd like to make the ride as comfortable/stable as possible as my back isn't getting any younger, and am wondering if air ride is worth it/possible, or if fixing the suspension is all that's required. The skid steers I've driven years ago (before my back bothered me) had no suspension, so I don't have any experience in this area. In case it is relevant to seat selection, the machine has ACS controls (not SJC/joystick), and I would be using hand controls for lift/tilt (ACS foot pedals would go unused).
the air ride seats were an option in the M series machines.. a very expensive option... parts for them aint cheap either :drinkup
Yeah, air ride was quoted as just under $400 upgrade option on a new T650 with A91 option package, which I believe already included suspension seat. I'm curious if anyone has used both and has feedback on how Bobcat's suspension and air ride seats. If there's a big enough difference in comfort/bump reduction, I'd look at what it would take to put an air ride seat into the K series (that is the right series for an S300, right?).
While not specific to those machines, in general mechanical suspension isn't bad it's just a pain to adjust for different size operators.