Hi everyone. I have recently purchased a 2016 PC35MR-5 and upon receiving the machine, I discovered there is no attachment circuit, and I need to run a small hammer/breaker. Is there any aftermarket solutions out there? I wanted to go OEM, but Komatsu won’t sell the single section.
I've no experience with Komatsu, John Deere, and Case are not helpful when I've wanted to add a hydraulic circuit. You are on your own. I want a thumb on a backhoe. Case 580K had a front grapple, removed before I owned it. I replumbed it to the rear. Current 580 Super N had a hammer circuit, I hoped to convert it for a thumb. Ended up using a diverter valve, electrical control, and a secondary relief valve to work an Amulet thumb. Nothing about the process was simple or cheap.
Thanks Willie, I don’t expect it to be cheap, but I am wondering how to do it without the attachment section in the control valve stack. Any ideas?
Maybe lean on a local dealer to see if they have any options? Komatsu likely doesn't make their own valves so you might be able to figure out where to get an additional section, are you space restricted from adding another block, usually accessory circuits seem go into a section where they're fed by multiple pumps when needed.
There is a lot involved. Open center fluid flows from the pump, eventually returning to the reservoir. You use any hydraulic cylinder, it stops flow to the reservoir, sends it to your actuated cylinder. A hammer circuit interrupts flow from valve to reservoir. Closed center works more like your home water system. Constant pressure is supplied to each valve, nothing returns to the reservoir, until you activate a valve. Fill one end of a cylinder, the other end sends its oil to the reservoir. Begin by figuring out which. I found with Case, the hammer circuit is a several page list of add on parts totalling several thousand dollars. They also offered a two way circuit capable of operating a thumb. That too was very expensive from Case. Dealer installed, I'll guestimate over $10,000.
HKX or HCT would be able to fix you up with a kit
Komatsu wants you to buy a complete valve or upgrade machines. Aftermarket solutions: Standalone auxiliary valve: Companies like Prince, Cross, or Husco make bolt-on aux valve sections that tap into your existing hydraulic system. You'll need: Tee into main pump pressure line Return line back to tank Electrical controls (switch/solenoid) Pressure/flow matched to PC35 specs (~12-15 GPM, 3000-3500 psi) Diverter valve on bucket circuit : Less ideal but works - splits flow from bucket line to aux coupler. Limits simultaneous bucket/hammer use but functional for light breakers. Used OEM section from parts machine : Check salvage yards for a PC35MR with aux - swap the entire valve section if available. Ensure whatever solution includes: Check that adequate flow has met, whatever way you cgosse Case drain provision (breakers generate return flow) Proper pressure relief to protect the tool A hydraulic shop familiar with excavators can integrate an aftermarket valve properly. Budget ~$1500-3000 installed depending on complexity. Don't try rigging quick-connects directly to main pressure - you need proper flow control and relief protection.