Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SK230 Aux Pressure Setting

Pdexter1210 ยท 2025-10-20 18:38

We installed a thumb on my 2014 SK230 SRLC-3 last weekend and I attempted to adjust the to make sure the thumb relief was lower than the bucket so that we wouldn't damage the thumb or cylinder. I have the service manual and have adjusted the settings for the hammer previously, so I understand the procedure. However this week when I go to change the preset pressures, I am able to change flow, but the pressure if I make an adjustment goes to 145psi and won't move from there. For clarity, I'm trying to adjust pressures in the Nibbler mode. I have been attempting to make these adjustments with the safety lever raised so that the thumb isn't swinging back and forth. The service manual doesn't say anything about whether the safety lever should be up or down for this adjustment. Anyone have experience making these adjustments for a new thumb installation?

Replies0

No replies yet.