I want to retrofit some E-Track to the bed walls on my service box (it's a Knapheide if that matters) and was curious how others secure the track to the box. I can think of a few ways, but I'm trying to find the best way. I can imagine using nuts/bolts, rivets, tack welding, etc, but they all have their pros and cons. Any experience or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
To me welding would be the first choice, second would be bolting it in place. I've added probably close to 40 feet to my trailer interior to hold items and all I've done is screw it into the plywood using every 3rd hole. Here's where I've been buying straps, accessories and track at: http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Trailer-Products/E-Track-Straps-Tie-Downs http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...mpaignId=T9F&gclid=CLKC3oykgLYCFQSg4AodlwMAwA http://www.lodimetals.com/
Some pictures of the track that I installed and how I'm using it.
95, appreciate the links... What in the world are those honking pieces of steel you got there?
They're the outer channels for a device we use on our trucks for our track measurements. Here's a picture of a whole one: Here's a picture of one of our trucks, those axles are close to the center of the truck, you can see the end of it in front of the fuel tank and behind the pusher axle.
i just bolt mine with big washers on the back side.
qball, just watched a bunch of your videos...LMFBO!!!