Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding moisture to material

Bloc6 ยท 2014-07-01 14:01

So, basically what I have is your basic sub-ex cut to fill. Running, eight 637 scrapers, two 9400 disk AG tractors, and two d400 8500gal water trucks. Usually moving around 18000 yards a day until were about 5 foot down in our cut we hit some really ******, dry, silty, calcareous material that takes anywhere between 4-6x processing with my disks and water trucks. What else can I do to get more moisture to my fill, without compromising the production of my operation? I've tried all types of soaps as I've heard that breaks down material to get it into a better state to absorb more moisture. Is there any other type of additive that I can use in my water trucks to speed up my processing time?

Replies1
  1. #1Scrub Puller2014-07-01 17:32

    Yair . . . Bloc6 . Sounds like you have covered most of the bases with Ag.discs for mixing and soap/detergent in the water. Not knowing your job layout is it practical to open up a section of the cut, deep rip and add water with a nightshift? It might help for a few hours each morning. We had Hells own trouble on one embankment job and the old feller nixed the open bowls and bought in some egg beaters and watered the cut. The mixing with the elevators fixed the problem . . . not much help in your case I realise but just saying. All the best with it and Cheers.