My 259d has the factory weight package, 2 weights per side, but still seams pretty light in the ass, I know I'm trying to lift more than the machine is rated for, but I don't do it a lot, just lifting my derby cars off my gooseneck trailer. Anyone tried to just add another 2 weights per side with longer bolts? Just wondering if I'll run into any unforeseen issues?
Im in the process of ordering my 333E and they said that I can add more weights just buy a kit from the dealer n bolts n add on ass you go but I wasn't sure of the limits of how many you can have
I theory you could just get some longer 12mm bolts. I don't know how good the will hold though.
Don't buy them from deere. I have a brand new set of 4 pulled from my 333D with bolts I can sell you cheap. Find out the cost from deere new and I'll sell you mine at half price. They are brand new ! I run strickly CAT 299 XHP and 289 D's and have no use for the deere weighs. Not sure if long bolts alone are going to hold 4 weighs per side, experience tells me its going to by an issue without some sort of a fabricated holding cradle to hold them in and take some of the weigh off of the bolts themselves. I could fabricate something pretty easily but do you really want or need that added weigh and width to your machine ? The machines are designed to operate with two per side to offset the bucket load, over loading the bucket and compensating for that with extra weighs would lead to premature drive motor and under carriage wear in my opinion. Not a great idea !
I think the most salient point of the OP was ....." I know I'm trying to lift more than the machine is rated for " .......... My thought was it needs a bigger machine.
I didn't want to say it.........a 259 is just a little guy.
Yup....and they also say "....and I'm only gonna do it once a season" Ends up being done every day.....
Agreed. Big work , big work tools ! What's a Derby car ? Demo Derby maybe ?
I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$ with that comment, just pointing out that at times - "A man's gotta know his limitations" ........ © Clint Eastwood
Sent you a pm mister
Replied to you fickster !
Or maybe pick the cars up and drive the trailer out from under them? Much more stable once you can get them closer to the ground.