Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4in1 on any bobcat?

413wedge ยท 2015-10-06 20:32

im looking for my first bobcat and I know im going to want put a 4 in 1 on it if it dosent come with one. is there a control that comes on 4 in 1 machines or can you plug and play with all machines?

Replies12
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-06 21:11

    Any machine with front auxiliary lines and a pedal or switch to control it.

  2. #2413wedge2015-10-06 22:14

    how much work is it to add a control switch if the lines are plumbed?

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-06 22:40

    If the lines are there, usually the valve and control are also. Adding things depends on the machine make and model.

  4. #4Hazcat2017-07-31 01:48

    My case 1845 didn't have aux controls when I got it. It wasn't too hard or costly but that machine is about as simple as can be. I think it would be easier to buy a machine already set up with aux. a 4 in 1 bucket is quite handy

  5. #5Bumpsteer2017-07-31 13:09

    If the machine doesn't have a pressure relief valve on the aux. circuit, you'll need to add one. Ed

  6. #6crewchief8882017-07-31 16:02

    what model bobcat and 4 in 1 are you looking at?

  7. #7Tones2017-07-31 18:00

    The 4n1 buckets that are made here in Oz have the relief valve mounted on them. That way you never have to alter the machine for other attachments,

  8. #8lantraxco2017-07-31 18:44

    Which is fine for regulating cylinder force, but in a situation where force is applied to a cylinder beyond the point where the relief valve opens, there may be nowhere for the oil to flow to. see: Pressure intensification

  9. #9Tones2017-07-31 19:48

    I think the way it' works is when the valve pops the oil returns through the opposite line. That way overload can't happen.

  10. #10Bumpsteer2017-07-31 23:43

    Interesting....I use a 4-1, grapple, backhoe and auger. The only one the valve affects is the auger, stalls easier if you hit a rock or root. Not an issue, prevents really screwing something up. Ed

  11. #11crewchief8882017-08-01 16:43

    bobcat recommends installing a port relief in the control valve for industrial grapple and 4in1 bucket applcations. most bobcat valves dont have a port relief in the aux curcuit.

  12. #12Bumpsteer2017-08-01 22:49

    Thats what I was trying to say.....had to add it on my 743. Wasn't much fun. Ed