I have a friend who has a Komatsu D31A, and asked me to adjust the steering clutches for him. I am not familiar with Komatsu machines. If some could please tell me how to adjust them I would appreciate it very much. Thanks
on the back of the steering clutch housing under the tank . there are two covers with two bolts each pull the covers. thease are the brake band adjustments. turn them clockwise till they get gust snug. back them off a couple of truns. now go to the steering controll valve center top of steering case you will see two spools sticking out of the valve. the lever that workes thease spools should have about .010 clearence. put brake adjuster caps back on and try it. if you need to tighten or loosen a brake a little do that one click at a time. after you think you have it right find you a slight hill and in netural it should freely roll down the hill if it dosent bake off the brakes steve
i will take a look in the morning and see if i can figure it out. thanks alot