Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adjusting tracks on dozer

Johnredpwr ยท 2016-01-04 13:50

Hello everyone new here from Ca I am working on a older dozer d6 and have a question on track adjusting.What is the procedure of tightening the tracks as in how much to tighten them and is there a way of measuring them so both sides are even. I have been working on getting this old cat going after being parked for over 10 years. as you can see they are sagging

Replies4
  1. #1Old Magnet2016-01-04 15:27

    You need to get the" Operations and Maintenance Manual" for the"U" model D6's.

  2. #2Shimmy12016-01-04 20:53

    Hey, O.M. You forgot to mention he is going to need to have a 36" pipe wrench, possibly a 48" to turn that adjusting rod. And, better hope he's been going to church.

  3. #3Old Magnet2016-01-04 22:49

    And don't forget that white shop coat!!!!!.......it can do double duty as a bandage. LOL

  4. #4Johnredpwr2016-01-04 23:35

    thanks old magnet that's what I needed.