Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ADT pulling Scraper

gbdigger · 2009-07-31 15:06

Has anyone tried out one of the K-Tech gooseneck scrapers attached to an ADT like a Cat 740. Looks like you would have better weight distribution. I've watched the youtube videos on these things and it sure takes a long time to load them in my opinion, what’s everybody else think?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies5
  1. #1gbdigger2009-07-31 16:26

    Here is the link to the youtube video I was refering to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1jc7HWSEE

  2. #2hvy 1ton2009-07-31 17:50

    heres a bell loading quick with some help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcU7szO0F5Y&feature=channel selfloading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOcJACu8Hk&feature=related

  3. #3D5G2009-07-31 19:52

    Those are some cool videos, never seen anything like that before. Looks very effecient. But we need a model, for sure.

  4. #4dozerdave2009-07-31 20:55

    Hi gbdigger, I guess I could live with his loading time, + or - 1 minute without a push cat, but it looked to me like he was loading up hill. Not much but it doesn't take much to eat up your traction. Also unless tailings were the issue why load away from the fill and have to turn with a loaded scraper. If anything will break a rear axel on the down hill side it is that.

  5. #5gbdigger2009-07-31 21:16

    I was thinking the same thing about turning a loaded scraper, gets you fired real quick around here, The other thing is they are loading easy to load material real easy on the Bell video, makes me wonder how they would do in clay. The real problem with scrapers is finding anyone who can run them worth a crap anymore around where we work anyway