We have quite the selection of scrapers now. The fleet consists of a 613 paddle, 613 C Series II paddle, 621 paddle, 621, 623 paddle, and 623B paddle. Well the 623's air compressor on the back came loose a bit and leaked out motor oil while doing a big pond in 1990 and spun the #1 & #2 rod bearings in the big ol D336 motors. That thing has been nothing more than a lawn ornament for the past 19 years. Finally.. close to two years ago we found two 621 pans in EXCELLENT mechanical shape, but appearance was horrible. I mean these pans were taken care of So since work has stopped, we have pulled one motor out of the 621 and are in the process of putting it back int eh 623 w/ paddles. I took some pics in between the few times i've had clean hands. But man its going to be great to have that big hunk of steel mobile again. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow when we hopefully get her all done and fired up :drinkup
Cant wait to see pics , thats the only good thing about being out of work or work being slow is you get to fix everything you've wanted to for the last 10 years
Hi JonesBros, Congratulations on the paddlewheel. The only paddlewheels I have worked with were 633's and we used them for stripping. One night shift hand got into an old barb wire fence and goggled up a bunch of headaches for the mechanics.