Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

advanced display an a 2010 cat 299c

woodduck78 ยท 2024-02-16 08:17

Is there anyway to install an advanced display an a 2010 cat 299c would like to see any codes and be able to add a reverse camera all in 1 if possible

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2024-02-16 10:44

    Post a Serial Number. I'm not sure about a C-Series machine but there may be a retrofit kit applicable to it that is plug and play - but guaranteed to be hard on your wallet......... Failing that it's a piecemeal job unfortunately, and I'm not sure even that would give you a reversing camera option.

  2. #2Nige2024-02-17 15:38

    So based on the machine S/N supplied by the OP there is an instrument panel kit upgrade which is also available as separate parts. The Kit Part Number is 258-4111. The installation instructions are attached. Unfortunately it will not give you a reverse camera. That upgrade only became available with the D-Series machines.

  3. #3Acoals2024-02-17 20:06

    I have seen guys put aftermarket camera setups in those machines.

  4. #4Simon C2024-02-17 22:45

    I have installed a reversing camera on a wheel loader, and it was not that hard to put in and the view was great. On a 966H to be exact, and costed less than $500 at the time and most of a day. I was quoted by Cat at more than $6000. Just an option. Simon C

  5. #5woodduck782024-02-18 15:45

    What camera set up did you buy

  6. #6Ridinhigh15002024-02-18 19:48

    If you are referring to the advance display from a D series no there is not a display like that for the C series. They have completely different machine ECM's and engines. The D series is a rebranded Kubota engine. The V3308 with a Denso ECU. If you want to read codes and mess with your machine you can go to your local CAT deal and buy a 1 year subscription to CAT ET. The connector and diagnostic box will set you back like $600 or something. The subscription is like a $1,000 a year. I was a shop tech 1 which is the same as a field tech 1 for 4 years at a CAT dealer from 2014 - 2018.

  7. #7Simon C2024-02-18 19:54

    Do not remember the exact brand, but came with cable and instructions. I had to build a small bracket. They sell numerous brands on the internet. If I see the brand will post it again. Simon C

  8. #8Nige2024-02-18 20:04

    You are correct, but what is included in the 258-4111 Kit mentioned above is a 264-8861 Display Module that permits the operator to look at Diagnostic Codes, Events, settings, etc. It's probably not as good as ET but to buy the ET software, Comm Adapter, licence, etc, for a customer with only one machine it's probably a waste of money IMHO. See the attached. This is the panel I'm referring to.

  9. #9Ridinhigh15002024-02-18 20:15

    Yes but those displays were very basic absolutely nothing like the advanced displays on the D series. Your better buying a diagnostic tool called the Diesel Laptop. Codes don't mean anything if you don't know what they actually are. Also most brands don't publish list's of DTC's. If you can even get that display it's probably extremely expensive. In the D series if you went to a advance display from a basic you had to use CAT ET to let the machine know you installed one.

  10. #10Nige2024-02-18 20:18

    All an owner has to do is come here and ask. Answers are always forthcoming. Plenty of people here who have access to REHS0126.

  11. #11Ridinhigh15002024-02-18 20:22

    What is REHS0126?

  12. #12Ridinhigh15002024-02-18 20:26

    CAT dosen't like sharing info even with techs really to a point. All information was got through the online portal with not much to really download. When I work at Bobcat and now Kubota I can download PDF manuals to view off line that have all the information.

  13. #13Acoals2024-02-18 22:29

    Cat is happy to share all the information they have . . . when you pay for SIS.

  14. #14Ridinhigh15002024-02-19 17:37

    When I worked at a CAT dealer I never really cared for the way SIS was laid out. There was a lot of useful stuff us techs were blocked from using too.