hi, sorry if I disturb. an acquaintance of mine would like to buy an old military truck and mount a gin pole on it that he would like to make by hand. it should have a capacity of 2 tons and a height under the lifting hook of 2 meters. some ideas some realization suggestions. thanks. what constructive parameters we will have to use to dimension the structure.
28 needs to be inline were the poles hook to the bed. What is going to keep the poles up?
tie rods of chains or metal ropes.
I have no pictures of it. I once started with a light car frame that hinged at the front bumper of a 1936 Dodge 1-1/2 ton truck. I later refined it to a fabricated frame made from channel & flat stock. Hoisting the frame was done with a come along in a tree, then a come along from rear of the truck frame. With come along it was cumbersome, so it stayed mounted on the truck most of the time. By 1987 it was a much improved arrangement, I had a 1956 Power Wagon with two PTO winches, one front, one rear. Two tons is a lot of weight hanging out 2 meters unless a BIG truck, flat, hard ground. I think you want to pare back some on your capacity.
it is an old military truck, I have to realize before I get started if the game is worth the candle if it is feasible.
Will you hoist in one place, or hoist & drive around? I used mine to rotate weldments so I could always weld flat. I never attempted to drive with anything suspended. On the few occasions I used it to load something I hoisted the object, and backed a truck under, all of this on level ground.
I would have to lift and tow like a rudimentary tow truck, lift not very much, low to the ground, the right height that allows me to drag the objects that I have to move, not kilometers of course, in the area confined to the courtyard. thank you.
Back in the day these were popular here they were built to any number of specifications not any one basic and mostly less engineered than fabricobbled by local welding shops. They were intention built either long boom for Lighter more bulky functions or short boomed for Heavy Close in work where the necessities evaporated for the most part to swinging mechanic booms which are far more durable, have designed engineered crane charts and references where are far more stable as also have outriggers. Oil Patch operators still utilize these but to less demand than years ago and specialization of machines risks having one that sits more than gets used. Buying a old smaller crane actually makes better sense currently.
What kind of a truck is it my truck will lift 2tons and haul it up a hill?I would like to move the poles to hinge in front of the rear axle now that i have another truck with a fifth wheel.
Might the frames used by propane tank movers, burial vault setters, septic tank, Etc. meet your needs? These trucks have a rear arch, and a headboard stout enough to support a horizontal I beam overhead. A beam trolley rides on this, a hoist hangs from the trolley. These are pretty simple to build and by my thinking less risk of injury. You can use to load & unload.
grazie per le vostre risposte e per i vostri consigli, se fosse possibile avrei bisogno di foto o disegni con misure per prendere spunto ed evitare di fare errori di costruzione ... https://shaws.co.nz/resources/block-loads https://www.iadc.org/wp-content/upl...ring-and-Certification-of-Gin-Pole-Trucks.pdf melius est abundare quam deficere
I have a book some were that a enginer made a drawing of a winch truck and what he thought and calculated it could lift it is wrong any one that has ever been around one could tell him he was wrong. I started out with a 3/4 pickup with a 20 ton winch it was very imperssive. I replaced it with the IH it should be 2 times the truck but it isnt.
Still boils down to dead weight ballast at the Opposite end to boom. Track Chassis, Engine and cab on the old Loadstar is Not much heavier than that 3/4t pickup so ballast is yet unchanged Add Distance from base of boom and add angle for use and that ballast as shown on Crane Charts becomes a impressive LARGER Number, goes up exponentially or on a curve not lineally.
I have a hard time reconciling static load on the gin pole block being more than 1000 Kg. The line pull is balanced. Only when accelerating the load, is the line pull more than the load. I think you're overstating the load on the blocks..
grazie per la precisazione, quale metodo empirico devo utilizzare per creare una struttura proporzionale ad un autocarro di media portata senza creare danni strutturali al veicolo, tenendo conto che dovrei sollevare circa 2 tonnellate? grazie scusa se insisto.
What is the line tension at the weight being lifted? As it is the same line, the winch cable will have to be at or near the same tension plus some friction it must overcome. Both sides of the block A are pulling against block A. The angle of pull is not the same for both sides of the block, so tension at hook A is less than double, but more than equal.
grazie per il tuo chiarimento tecnico e la tua giusta osservazione. https://www.pinterest.it/mpraddell/gin-pole/
M88 is far more than Gin poles!!
M88 80 Tons of Ballast with a Pivot Point blade under the chin for strong arm stabilizing. Those pickups will never achieve the power to weight ration that 88 has.
Iveco Cm80 https://it.linkfang.org/wiki/Iveco_ACM_80/90 Dimensions: length = 6413 mm width = 2270 mm height = 3085 mm Displacement: 5861 cm3 Weight: 4700 kg No. of cylinders: 6 Capacity: 4000 kg Power: kW: 125 - CV: 170 at 3000 rpm ACM 90/160 CV at 3000 rpm Towable weight: 6413 kg Torque: Nm: 460 - kgm: 46.9 at 2000 rpm Body size: Length: 4255 mm Width: 2200 mm Height: 3085mm. a truck like this should be set up with the gin pole configuration what do you think, do you think it is suitable?
Trombeur Really looking to go this route need to consider basic leverage. The Iveco pictured is great as depicted as a small dump truck 60-65% bed weight ahead of drive axle 35-40% behind allows the bed to tilt easier under loaded conditions Finding a little longer wheelbase, drive axle at rear most of frame, fixed bolted down bed if has one so the winch works have a platform to work from. Gin Poles need to be mounted closer in to the axle centerline as possible from the rear of the chassis on lighter equipment, heavier truck longer wheelbase and can move back away to the tail of frame.
Pensavo fosse alto come ruote e come baricentro. il problema sarebbe fissare a pavimento i supporti che fungono da cardini per i pali del gin e trovare un punto di ancoraggio per i soggiorni della struttura. grazie comunque per i tuoi chiarimenti suggerimenti.
There is a common theme to Euro Trucks, spacing of axles to set a predetermined Load balance across the axles and chassis where a Gin Pole machine will not be situated as such. Rear Axle needs to be further Back for More weight to counterbalance. Placing Gin Poles on a weight distributed bed as you show defeats the weight bearing ability unless move the boom over the axle then defeats the ability to span the load away from the truck. Most Gin Pole equipped machines at least here are specialized design where no longer really meet load distribution basis on the beds.
in sostanza, per distribuire il carico, è meglio saldare le cerniere dei supporti perpendicolari all'assale posteriore per scaricare il peso a terra e non sulla sovrastruttura per evitare che il telaio del camion si fletta, presumo, credo? esatto ?? "