I'm looking to buy a Hoe for a 60 to 90 day job, I'll put 500 hours on it or so. I'll be digging out tough shale with it. I had a CAT 312 and it was not happy digging the shale in 2008. However, this time I'll get a trenching bucket. I had a 42 inch bucket on the 312 and was not the right answer. I found two J D 690's a C & D Model, the C is 15 K, D is 11.5 K. They are older the 690 C has low (1.5 K) hours, the 690 D has 9 K hours and the engine smokes. I just found a Hyundai Robex 130 LC, has mechanical thumb, new sprockets and track chains and reported to be in good shape and looks good as well. I'm a retired diesel & hvy. equipment mech. but was never around Hyundai's at all. My Question: How does this Hyundai 130 LC compare to the 690's ? I had a CAT 312 and it was a nice hoe, it was a little small for my needs and sold. I'm asking if this -- 1995 Hoe is anything like the CAT 312 I had (good operating speed). I understand the 690's (C & D) I'm looking at are slow and nothing like the CAT 312. I'm looking to hear from Owner's & Operators that have experience with the Hyundai 130 LC. Are they Good Hoe's, Fair or Not ? Can you find part's (1995 model) for them ? What is the Wt. of the 130 LC... ____________ Lbs. I could not find spec's. on the H 130 LC. Thank You, Avery
I've got several customers with that exact machine and they love them. They're fast, dependable and easy to haul. Cummins 4bt engine so very little issues with that aspect. They're a very popular machine around here. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I think your going in the wrong direction. I have a shale pit, and we dig and pile with a 235 or a 324. Don't know what your shale is like, but around here you can usually dig 1-3' and then it gets hard. We tend to work one area, then let it sit for a few years and let the frost soften it up, makes much easier digging. If you have to dig deeper than the frost has loosened, better get the frost tooth and a lot of tips ready. You stated that you were not happy with how the 312 worked on shale, I think you would be disappointed with how that Hyundai works too, it's about the same size and power. To dig rock you want weight and power, and sharp teeth. Whatever machine you get, get a coupler and frost tooth. If it were me I would hire someone with a 330 or 345 to dig and pile what you need, then buy a loader or even backhoe to load it when you want. I think you would be much further ahead time and money wise that way, especially with such a small job.
O2DMax and ROR78a, ^ Thanks for Your Inputs ^ [ O2DMax ] I've been checking on the Hyundai with a good friend of mine and else where on this site. 1995 Hyundai Parts are not that easy to get for the 130 LC. They are reported to be A Ok for Normal day to day duty but won't take any rough stuff. They have weaker structure metal and develop cracks in the boom and stick. The power train and engine seems to be Ok, and Ok Controls. I have not heard back from the seller and sent him two emails, so we never got to talk, perhaps a good thing for me. I will send my heavy equip. mech. friend to check the 690 C out on Tue. . The 690 C is $ 15 K and $ 600.00 for the delivery at 130 miles away. It comes with a nice 30" bucket (5/8 yd.) and low hours (1.5K), it was setting for several years. [ ROR78a ] I value your information and my shale is like concrete. The 312 (42") bucket with new teeth bounced off the shale and sparks too. I kept moving around and found some different areas that were not so tuff to dig. I think this time, I'll try to get above the shale bank and dig the shale that way. I had a road along side the shale bank and it was difficult to get above the shale bank. My new plan is... was told to cut some key holes in the shale to make it easier and dig it from above. I like the idea of letting the Frost Loosen the Shale and that's a Good Idea but I need to finish the job by this July. Buying a frost bucket is the right answer, guessing a 24" size; I could use it for digging 18" pipe for culverts. Bringing in a big machine would be fairly expense & I live in the sticks. After the shale is dug, I need to cut a 1 mile road down the side of a mtn., the grade is laid out to be around 7 degrees. Currently, I have two roads up to top of this 2,300 ft. mtn. but they are old logging trails (mtn. goat paths). When I had the CAT 312 I used it to push over trees and worked fairly well. This property was clear cut in 1997 and the trees are not that big where I'm cutting the road. I just bought a Case 1150 B that's in great shape to do most of the road work. The new road width is going to be about 17 feet wide, a 7% to 8 % deg. grade, 2 % to 3% deg. slope into the mtn. side. I want a decent slope inward to keep from sliding off the road in winter snow. I will have dirt berm build up on the outside edge to bump against to help to prevent a accident... it's along way to the bottom. Again, Thanks for the Input, Avery