Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Advice on 580M Window Glass Replacement?

Bote · 2024-09-24 10:52

I'm having trouble getting a replacement upper right side window glass to fit on my single-door 580M series 1. The first one I got from the dealer was too narrow and had notches cut out for the hinges. I think it was for a model with dual doors. The second one is the right width but there is a gap on the hinge side and it extends too far on the latch side. It doesn't have notches. The dealer says it's the correct p/n for my machine. I think there are only two different sizes available and neither fits. The original fit fine but is in a thousand pieces now lol. The existing hinge P/Ns are 364134A2 for the upper and 364135A2 for the lower. Per the Case website that's a correct replacement P/N.

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-09-24 11:36

    HI Bote ! https://www.mycnhstore.com/us/en/casece/na/light-equipment/loader-backhoes/naes49loa002m/loader-backhoe-na-asn-jjg0285001/chassis-attachments/cab-doors/cn/055ABE6A-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6/E0D06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

  2. #2Bote2024-09-24 16:19

    It’s like the hinges are too long. Just talked to the dealer on the phone and they’re still working on it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-09-25 01:54

    Hope they get it figured out. I had a similar experience getting the right fan belt for my tractor. One of the most popular tractors ever made but can't find the right part number for the fan belt. Maybe some measurements off your door would help the dealer?

  4. #4Bote2024-09-25 16:45

    The dealer thinks my series one machine has a series two cab. Same size glass but the hinge bolt locations are different.

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-09-26 08:08

    The ROPS (cab) has a serial number on the LH door pillar. The dealer should be able to use it for finding the correct glass, IMHO.

  6. #6cmshaner2026-02-21 21:41

    Bote I'm late to this conversation but I'm having the same problem with the cab glass. What did you ever find out

  7. #7gggraham2026-02-24 11:02

    The dealer should be able to get the right glass for you. The reason there are two types of glass is. If the machine came equiped with flip over pads it was possible with the stabilizers in the up postion to contact the glass if you opened the window and let it go to the locked back position. The easy way to tell which window you need is as follows. If the hinges are 90 degrees then the window is a 360046A1 If the hinges are closer to 45 degrees the window is an 87439724. This window can be bought as a kit that includes the new hinges. The dealer should have the service bulletin on this. We changed pretty much ever window and hinge set on ever unit we sold as a lot of out customers used the flip over pads.

  8. #8Bote2026-03-13 12:26

    I ended up getting the 87439724 glass and it fit perfectly. This is great information.