Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crankshaft hydraulic pump removal MF50a

Mike Knap · 2024-09-24 20:28

My pump failed, squelched than lost power, mounted below radiator. Anyone deal with one of these? ** 50a Perkins 203 deisel, my shop manual has nothing about replacing. Do I need special tools? Any suggestions, appreciated attempting this week. Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-09-25 01:49

    There might be a video on YouTube. I think there's just a coupler and the pump slides off. It can't be that complicated because you need to be able to change the fan belt.

  2. #2Mike Knap2024-10-16 16:44

    Now how to get this shaft out splines gone!

  3. #3Mike Knap2024-10-16 16:57

    Oil cooler above

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-10-16 18:19

    How does it connect to the crankshaft? I think some pump shafts are left hand threaded into a flange that is attached to the crankshaft. Is there room to see in-between the pump mount and the front of the engine? You could try googling pump shaft removal or how to change the fan belt. It seems like the latter should be in the shop manual. I know some manuals list things in a different section than you think they'd be in.

  5. #5Mike Knap2024-10-16 18:48

    This large triangle cast steel block needs to come off, under oil cooler not much room to work on, manual shows nothing

  6. #6Toolslinger2024-10-17 07:04

    Ran across this. You're not the first. MF50 hydraulic pump drive - The Classic Machinery Network

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-10-17 17:29

    That confirms what I remember.

  8. #8Mike Knap2024-10-18 18:21

    Looking every where in manual, the shaft I’m going to wield a nut and turn to right to loosen, unsure if I have to take the pulled off to loosen the pump shaft?

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-10-18 22:15

    I don't think so, you might need to hold the pulley to get the shaft loosened. The adapter might come off though. I don't have a pic. of how everything is put together.

  10. #10Mike Knap2024-10-28 13:58

    Got the shaft out using a special order left hand thread easy out had to fill in center. Used impact wrench. Now the splines on pump are bad, looking for a replacement pump! Found the new shaft at yesterday’s tractor, but out of stock for pump #709351m91 any leads would help thanks

  11. #11Welder Dave2024-10-28 17:51

    Have you tried googling that part number?

  12. #12Tinkerer2024-10-28 21:15

    709351M91 REPLACEMENT HYD PUMP PNI MF30, MF3165 FARM TRACTOR Fits AGCO | eBay Need help with a part you found?. Agriculture Parts for John Deere, for Ford/New Holland, for Case, for Massey Ferguson & More! Featured Categories. Warranty6 Month Warranty. www.ebay.com

  13. #1356wrench2024-10-29 11:19

    Cessna pump? Get the numbers that are stamped in the pump(usually on the sde of the mounting flange) and check with a large hydraulic repair shop

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-10-29 15:18

    ** did use Cessna components on some machines. Pretty sure the rotary swing cylinders for backhoes were made by Cessna.

  15. #15Billrog2024-10-29 19:59

    I may have one of those pumps just needs O rings.