im looking at buying a 1981 bantam 744, anyone have any advice on that, like can i get parts and a freind of mine heard that they have a tendency to overheat easy. i would be doing relitivly light work, just scooping sand, at least for now, anthing would be greatly apretiated
anyone have experiance with these old machiens??
Well since no one else is answering I will. I don't know much about them you don't see them much around here any more I guess the answer would be what shape is it in and how cheap you can get it? What engine is in it and can you find parts. Like all old and obselete machinery you will probably would need to find a donor machine for parts. It all probably depends if you are using it for a hobby machine around you rown property or are you trying to make money with it. I'm sure you already know all of the above. Steve
thanks steve, ya being that no one really seems knows much about them and like you said theres not many around i think ill stay clear of that one, i think it could turn into a headacke
From the parts distribution side I can tell you that Terex Corp. out of Southaven, MS handles the parts business. What you will find is that stock is depleted and there are a lot of obsolete items. Other items that are available will have to be procured by Terex to fill your order. It wil be expensive and take many weeks to get your parts. On a good note it is a pretty simple machine. It should be easy to repair and work on for any experienced heavy equipment mechanic. Good luck