G'day! I'm looking for a little advice on a portable carbon pile to store in my service truck, or if these are even used in the field. I ask because I always find that using the method of switching on all the accessories never gives me accurate results when testing a charging system. Thank you!
I've got an Autometer SB5 that I scored on Ebay years ago for 375 bucks, has been a very useful tool to test batteries. It's got enough draw to it to test big capacity batteries, like golf cart batteries and Group 31 truck batteries. Those type of batteries just laugh at the little hand held resistive type testers.
in the past, the carbon pile testers always seemed a little fragile to be bouncing around in a service truck. our dealership just purchased new midtronics units ( with printer) for all 7 of the service trucks and 5 shops. :drinkup