Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Advice on dozer rake

D6c10K ยท 2012-09-30 21:19

I keep thinking I'd like to have a pin-on root rake for my D6c but I don't know if they're as useful as they look. When clearing up brush & trees it's hard not to get a lot of dirt in the brush pile and I'm always leaving debris behind. We have a lot of cedar trees, hedge (osage orange), prickly ash thickets, and tons of elm trees that die and fall over. I dont' expect a rake to dig out large trees, but they'll surely take of stuff up to 6" or so won't they? What's a reasonable limit for a rake? Most of the trees aren't hard to push out, just not easy to get all the small stuff piled up. Looking around there are some really nice looking rakes like this http://www.solesbeesequipment.com/dozer_rakes.php ,but they can be pretty expensive. Would I be happy with one more like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/dozer-blade...945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33697e9eb9 If you have any reccomendations I'd be glad to hear them.

Replies1
  1. #1Saddleup2012-09-30 21:43

    I bought the rake from U.S.A a few years ago for my d6d good guys to deal with, sure enough fast delivery. Matt