I am getting way too anxious about this. So, good people, after lots of reading, I've decided to pop my posting cherry and see what sage advice you may offer before I pull the trigger. Lots of choices have been narrowed down to the following: 1995 Case 1865c with 4200 hrs - relatively clean, 2 owner machine that sounds strong, moves well and doesn't appear to have any obvious leaks. All hoses changed out in 2001, for sale by local pool company owner - $8500 2001 Bobcat 753 with 1500 hrs. Very clean, (in fact exceptional condition) 1 owner machine from a paving company for $10,000 JD6675 from a dealer, recently serviced, not sure about hours / age. $7400. I'm going to be using the machine on my land, for landscaping, (dirt work, moving medium sized rock, nothing too demanding). I also intend to maintain the machine well with regular greasing / oil & fluid maintenance, and would like to avoid mobile mechanics as much as possible. I like the 1845c because of the extra horsepower as well as it (seemingly) being a favorite amongst many (longevity, lower maintenance hassles, etc), but I am a little apprehensive about the hours. It comes with 2 buckets. Is it worth the extra $2K for a much cleaner, low hr and 6 yr younger 753 bobcat? I'm not sure I'll notice the 10HP difference, especially for my application (aside from lifting larger landscaping boulders, perhaps), but it probably helps to have more than you need than vice-versa. The JD is the dark horse. I'm really sure but I suspect it is a higher hr, older machine simply because of the price. Just throwing it into the mix as it is an outside option in case anyone recommends the JD over the other 2 main contenders. I'd appreciate all input - Many thanks, all.
if the bobcat has std foot controls, there isnt much that goes wrong with them that the average hands on type cant repair or replace. once you get into ASC or AHC options, electrical parts get expensive, and need some professional help with programming/calibrating. sorry cant comment on your other choices :drinkup
The 1845 case is a bullet proof machine. We have 2 at work yet with 7000 hrs on them. No major repairs yet. Still run well and do a days work when asked to.
The bobcat should be a g series giving you the ability to run any modern bobcat attachment minus high flows.
If your doing a lot of lift and carry type work, the Deere machine would be better suited, followed by the CASE. The hours on the CASE I dont see as an issue, anyone who changed out all the hoses on the machine I would trust to have maintained the machine. The BC would be well suited for lighter duties as it is the smaller of the choices. I would run them all and see what your impressions are. I think all three of those machines have a solid reputation for reliablity. They each excell in different types of work, as with anything used, how well they were taken care of will likely be the deciding factor.
I have a 7775 deere that I like quite well. This series from deere including the one you are looking at is actually made by new holland. The lift on them is very inventive as they lift the load more strait in the air. Mine has a Yanmar diesel and i believe the 6675 does also. Most parts that i have needed deere has had but support is getting less. Mine has over 7000 hrs. The 1845 is a well liked and sturdy machine and unless its a real dog you won't go wrong. I have no opinion on the bobcat other than I have heard they were hard to work on but that may have been earlier models. good hunting. Dave