Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH LS170 Hydraulic lights

backhoe1 ยท 2012-11-11 21:54

I have a LS170 that intermittently has 2 different lights on. 1 is a redlight with a gear, the other is an amber light with a thermometer and hydraulic cylinder I believe. All functions operate properly just the beeping and lights are driving me crazy. I haven't noticed any certain pattern as to when they come on, sometimes cold, sometimes after warmed up etc. I have also changed hyd filter and has changed nothing. Any suggestions as to where to start?

Replies2
  1. #1Phill2012-11-12 03:40

    might be stupid, but are all the oil levels up to level ? and is your Rad free of dirt and grime ? as one sounds like the oil is hot so the cooler might be pluged. but i am just speculating here.

  2. #2durallymax2012-11-12 11:45

    Do you have the display that allows you to scroll to the hydraulic temp? Where is it at if you can read it? The charge pressure switchs are known to fail on these models. They are cheap and easy to replace though. pull right side cover off and below the filter base you will see two wires going to a threaded in switch. Worth keeping one on the shelf if you depend on the unit.